This little mixer is perfect for mixing royal icing colors. Most cookie decorators know the discomfort that rolling cookies, mixing icing and decorating cookies can cause in your hands and wrists. This little gem makes the icing color mixing so much easier, and saves time. And as an added bonus, it reduces the amount of bubbles in the icing. Includes mixing spatula, mixing bowl, and mixer.
Recommendations for use:
• Use the lower speed. The faster speed may make it hard to control the icing in the bowl.
• Don't overload the bowl with icing. If you overload the bowl, you risk having it get too close to the top edge and it may spatter outside the bowl.
• While the mixer is spinning, use the spatula to flatten the icing against the side of the bowl. If the icing gets too close to the top, use the spatula to press the icing further down into the bowl.
• Use a small quantity of icing to practice at first, until you get the hang of controlling the icing.
• I use a moistened paper towel to wipe the top edge of the bowl while it's spinning if the icing gets too close to the top edge and comes up on the edge. This keeps it from spattering.